Turkey Congee Recipes I've Tried or Adapted Pinterest
28/10/2011 · She didn’t make congee often. After all, cooking lots of rice for 6 children, it got eaten up. She wasn’t going to move to the next stage of cooked rice put into other dishes, except maybe for stir-fried rice.... After Thanksgiving, most Chinese families look forward to turning the scraps into Turkey Congee. Anytime we have the opportunity to make turkey, I make it just so we can make turkey congee!
Instant Pot Turkey Congee (Rice Porridge) â€“ Hong Kong Mama
This comforting bowl of Pressure Cooker Turkey Rice Porridge is perfect for the morning after your wonderful holiday feast! A simple Instant Pot turkey soup recipe, it’s light, and easy to eat. A simple Instant Pot turkey soup recipe, it’s light, and easy to eat.... Here is a video on how to cook the Vietnamese congee chao ga (rice porridge) This easy-to-make but yet delicious Vietnamese rice porridge is believed to be a perfect dish for bouncing back to good health after being sick but that doesn't mean that it is meant for only sick people.
congee with shredded turkey recipes - Tasty Query
The next day, she’ll use leftovers to make turkey congee, or Chinese rice porridge. The recipe below is based on a dish that Wa’s mother used to make with turkey leftovers. how to raise a moa 26/11/2014 · If you don’t have any special plans for that turkey carcass, you need to make this rice congee, because it is insanely good. I look forward to it more than the turkey …
After Turkey Thereâ€™s Jook â€“ Tasty Island
The already carved turkey bones make the broth. If you have an overflow of leftover meat and you don’t want to turn the bae into a stew, save the meat for turkey pot pies or serve cold with a little salt and/or the gravies/sauces used on Thanksgiving (more on those at a later date). how to make good congee 8/10/2014 · Taryn Wa, executive chef and co-owner of Savoury Chef Foods Catering, enjoys making turkey congee from Thanksgiving leftovers. Here, she discusses what ingredients go into the congee and
How long can it take?
Congee Recipe Allrecipes.com
- Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Congee The Woks of Life
- congee with shredded turkey recipes - Tasty Query
- Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Turkey Rice Porridge
- Turkey Congee/Jook Home Cooking - Turkey - Chowhound
How To Make Turkey Congee
Congee is a rice porridge where rice is cooked with a lot of liquid like water or stock until the rice breaks down and becomes soft. It is a popular breakfast choice in China and is a staple in many Asian countries. In my household, we typically make congee when …
- To make thick congee, starchy rice is the way to go. It took four hours for the congee to become thick. I would have cooked it longer to reach the consistency that Speedy wanted so I asked him if he was willing to wait another hour.
- Leftover Thanksgiving Rice Porridge is one of those recipes that make you feel a little like a magician. We put the picked over turkey carcass into a slow-cooker with a little bit of uncooked rice, a piece or two of ginger, a generous splash of Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce , and water, then cover it and turn it on low before we head to bed.
- Ham bone + rice + water = Ham Congee, aka Chinese Ham Bone Rice Soup. This is my favourite ham bone recipe – slow cooked until the rice breaks down, the meat is falling off the bone, and the broth is beautifully flavoured.
- Add the ground pork to the congee, breaking down the meat, and simmer with the lid off until the ground pork is cooked, 5 to 10 minutes. 4. Turn off the flame, add the corn, taste and season the congee with salt.