- I live in Olympia, Washington and I've been building websites since 1997.
- I build simple, smart, affordable, responsive, useable web sites.
- Broad range of web experience and skills.
- Artist in many media.
- Previous experience as Medical Laboratory Technologist.
March 2013 - present
Associate Student Adviser
The Evergreen State College. Olympia, Washington
- Associate Student Advisor. : www.cooperpointjournal.com
- Educate students to understand the possibilities and tools of new journalism. Evergreen College Blog
January 2007 - September 2012
Web Designer / Developer / Graphic Design / Project Manager
McLean Media. Based at Nashua Telegraph Newspaper, Hudson, New Hampshire
- Designed, built, updated all 15-20 of company sites including 4 newspapers, magazine sites and numerous other sub sites.
- Initiated usability testing and enhanced site design/redesign workflow process/documentation.
- Consulted with publication managers/editors to determine needs, site design, usability issues and site construction.
- Primary responsibility for designing, architecture, planning, documentation, graphics, coding and usability testing on all sites.
- Acted as resource, advisor, CMS tutor.
- Researched new technologies and tools.
Feb 2002-December 2006
Medical Laboratory Technologist / ER Tech
York Hospital. York, Maine
After Instruction Set (below) closed I returned to working in health care.
November 1998-May 2001
Web Designer / Web Producer
Instruction Set, Inc. Natick, Massachusetts
- Part of four-person team that created online-learning technical training courses.
- Redesigned company website.
- Created, maintained company intranet.
- Worked in Digital and Marketing departments.
- Company closed in 2001.
- Experienced in a wide range of media including digital art, assemblage, public art, photography, installation, painting, video, music, motorcycles.
- Resident artist for 2 years at community center in Seattle working primarily with children of all ages.
Manchester Community College. Manchester, Connecticut
A.A. (Medical Laboratory Technology)